Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wednesday Sept 28

Wednesday I woke up saying- Today is going to be a good day! I was really excited because I had Art History class in the Louvre! No big deal right???

What we learned in the Louvre were things I already knew, but it was such a cool experience to be in front of the art instead of seeing examples on a projector. I was exhausted though. My back was killing me from standing in a museum for 3 hours. It was an amazing experience - But it killed me!

We were really excited to get to go back to Rice & Beans! I ordered a place with three tacos with rice and beans! The rice was amazing so I ate it all in like two seconds.. as for the tacos they were good, but not as good as I remembered it to be. Maybe because I was just so excited to have Mexican the 1st time. By the time I got to the third taco I was pretty full. The last taco I had had before I remembered liking, but for some reason it was nasty that day! I think it was the guacamole. I have never been a huge fan... but I always ate it anyways... but this time it was awful. It made me so sick.

So after gagging down the last of my meal, we stopped by the Pompidou to buy some new notebooks. I have a new love for notebooks these days. There are so many cool notebooks in the world, and there are so many cool things you can use notebooks for, so I basically want them all.

Still feeling super sicky, the girls I was with decided to go on a Paris walk. I really didn't want to go. I was still so exhausted from the museum and now sick... I just ignored my pessimistic thoughts and followed along. Hailey randomly met up with us while we were walking, for some reason in this huge city I can always randomly find Hailey somewhere. The main site of the walk was the Luxembourg Parc, so luckily when we got there we got to sit down. I really wanted to lay on the grass and take a nap, but we weren't allowed to be on the grass. Most main parks here in Paris have police man who specifically make sure people don't sit on the grass, yeah...so that's not very fun. We sat on chairs and got to hang out for a long time. Once I took a rest and got a drink, I was feeling a lot better in every way.

Before leaving we all bought a crêpes and then walked to Amorino's to get some frozen lemonade, which sadly they didn't have. Michelle got a smoothie instead, I looked good... I'll go back for one someday. Before getting on the Metro to go home we walked into a little kids store called Petite bateau. They had some adult clothing, with one adorable Yellow Rain coat that Annie fell in love with. It was so cute on here, and I am still trying to talk her into buying it. Then we found ourselves wandering into another notebooks store, so fun. I found one notebook that would make an adorable sketch book. I might have to go back and buy it.

As for the rest of the evening, Michelle and I went home to have dinner with our host family. When I say host family I mean to say with our host lady, I guess. We never really eat dinner with Manu. She usually cooks us something very simple, then she sits and talk AT us while Michelle tries to join in. I usually just sit and stare... its good meditation time.

Each night ends with me in Michelle's room talking to my mom and Cass. Something I look forward to every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment