Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday Sept 27.

blah blah blah blah blah.

That's all I want to say.

Fine... (deep breath)

OK >>> History Class with Daryl Lee. Like I have mentioned before, I love his class. But I cant tell you about anything I learned, because I don't remember. It is really intense class. I wish a had a tape recorder with me to record his classes. I take notes, but it just isn't the same. We watched a documentary in class about Philippe Petit who was high-wire artist. It was such a cool documentary. He walked a tight rope across the twin towers in New York. Highly recommend researching this guy. Here are a few photos:



After class, guess where we went... again? The Princess Crêperie! And guess what!?! It was CLOSED! Again!! This was the third time we were there. Ok, so now we know that it is closed on Mondays & Thursdays, and it doesn't open until 13h00. Now that we know the hours, next time we go it should be open. Just wait... they probably wont even be good.

There is a class offered called Paris Walks where all you need to do is participate in these pre-scheduled walks the professor set up around the city. I am not in the class, but I went with Michelle, Annie and Sam. We went to Saint-Germain de Pres. While they were getting to different sites and reading information along the way, I was doing my own thing looking into store windows. During the walk we were supposed to go to a patisserie called pierre hermé. We all got some macarons, they were good but Ladurée is still the best! I got an Olive Oil flavored macaron! It was really, really good. Highly recommend that flavor.



We also went to a boulangerie called Poilâne, which is supposedly the best bakery here in Paris! I just got a little baguette, and yes.. it was fabulous bread. The walk ended really close to the Institute Catholique so Sam and I dropped off Annie and Michelle for their french class. We decided while they were in class we would go to the Eiffel Tower and read for our Art class!

We found the perfect spot where there were hardly any tourists. We laid on the grass read about art, and occasionally looked up to remember we were in FRANCE!
Sam and I sat for about 2 hours reading, talking and people watching. The weather was absolutely perfect, it was so nice and relaxing.









We met Michelle back at the Institute at 5:00, where we just decided to go straight home. Tuesdays we have dinner with our host families... the dinner is usually just okay. Other than that Michelle and I just sit on her bed and Skype, blog, and read our e-mails. Which is what I am doing now... hmmmm?

Photo of Michelle in her room doing what we do every night:

1 comment:

  1. When we went to visit Charees, we saw a creperie around the corner from our hotel. We went several times and NEVER found it open. Until one day it was, but Charees had to be somewhere so we decided to go with her then come straight back to the creperie...it was closed. We left the next day. We found out that Parisians close their shops whenever the heck they feel like it. You must conquer the closed creperie! I hope it is devine.

    ReplyDelete