Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wednesday Oct 5

That means Michelle and I slept in of course! When we woke up we got ready and went to go meet Sam, Hailey, Annie, Kelly, and Brynn to walk up the Eiffel Tower! Annie and Kelly were already in the city, and Brynn wanted to meet up for lunch so instead we invited her!

Michelle and I walked to the Eiffel Tower and found a bench to wait on. After a little while of watching crazy teenage kids dress up for what looked like some World of Warcraft convention, and watching the cool crows fly around the Eiffel Tower, we saw Hailey walking our way! We found out that she wasn't with Sam and that she had the phone so there was no way for us to get ahold of Sam! We tried to Call Annie and Kelly, but the phone was being way weird. We probably waited all together for about an hour.














































































We were way sick of waiting, and hungry so we just decided to leave. We decided to explore the area we were in, so we walked down some random streets. We found a cool American Library and I bought a cute old book with a T on the front for only 2 Euro. We found a cool building with amazing Art Nouveau and a post office for me to send off some post cards to Cassidy’s family!



We saw a little butcher shop where you could buy a chicken wing for only 30 Euro-Cents. A really good deal, and really good chicken. Michelle got some bread at a bakery while I pet the kitty cat sleeping in the window. [ NOTE: One of my favorite things about France is the fact that the French people love cats!] We sat on a bench to eat and Hailey left to go to a baking class at the institute. We would have gone too, but we had dinner that night with the host family.

We had about an hour before we needed to be home for dinner, so we continued to explore. We were walking down a random street when I saw a vintage shop. I stopped to look in the window and to my surprise it was really expensive! I was about to walk away thinking, “Vintage stores are usually like 10 Euro for a pair of shoes not 110 Euro!” Then I stopped. Hurried and looked back in that window and I realized that those weren’t just any vintage shoes. Those were vintage COCO CHANEL shoes! Michelle and I died and we walked inside to find the store filled with name brand clothing!

There was Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton, D&G, Michael Kors, Prada, Valentino, Dior… Oh my gosh, you name it! I was watching a lady try on a couple of jackets and I realized that I could actually understand what she was saying. ENGLISH!!! I heard her mention that it was summer where she was from and so I was curious to know if she was possibly a Kiwi. I asked her and her husband where they were from and they said Australia. They were the cutest couple. She couldn’t decide between two jackets and so her husband told her to just get both. He was saying things like, “You haven’t been to Paris for 20 years!” and “You’re in Paris! Where else will you get something like that!” or “They both look so good on you, you’re in Paris get them both!” She was so cute and told the lady who worked there “This is why I married him.”

I fell in love with that little couple in the vintage store. Apart from that side note I also fell in love with the clothes! It was still too pricey for me, but I thought man it would be so worth it to find a good deal here. Everything was about 200-300€ and as usual too big for me. I was just about to leave when I saw some sweaters being hidden behind the door. I started to look at a few and liked some of them. In the back I could barely see one sweater, and right when I saw it. I loved it. I hurried and pulled it out to get a better look. It was a Michael Kors vintage short sleeve sweater for 75€, and guess what else? It was just my size. I knew I couldn’t walk away without getting it, so I spent the money and got something I will never regret buying!







Michelle and I were so happy with our find!! SO if anyone is going to Paris… remind me to let you know where that store it, because it was amazing! We hurried home for dinner because we were a bit late, but we got the the Eiffel Tower just to time to see it sparkle! That night she made us dinner that looked a bit like a little pizza. It was made with puffed pastry dough, crème fraîche, egg, ham and a ton of leeks! It was SO good!! Then for desert she made us those pancakes that we love! It was such an amazing dinner and day!







Our Puffed Pastry Love:


Our Pancakes stuffed with Nutella:


We told her a million times that that puffed pastry pizza thing was our favorite and we asked for her to make it for us again. I definitely need to bring that recipe home with me.


[Thanks Michelle for some of these pictures.]

No comments:

Post a Comment