Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thursday Oct 6

Thursdays we have French Culture class with DLee. Again we were talking about the book The Ladies Paradise. I have really enjoyed going over the book, and I decided that I want to read the book for fun. Not just for school. After discussing it in class I have thought about the book completely differently! And in result, I have decided that I want to join or create a book club! I love the idea of a book club, you learn so much more from listening to others incite on the books! So when I get home and have more time on my hands, someone invite me to your book club!

After class Annie, Sam and I went to McDonald's to get onto the internet and look of prices for flights around Europe. We were on the computer and just hanging out. Annie was on her iphone and then she started to doodle. I love watching her draw, maybe because she holds her pens in such an interesting way. Some gypsy came up to us again holding a paper in front of us- The paper looked just like the paper the gypsy children were holding up in front of it. It is a normal white paper, with big letters on it. Honestly I don't think the letters spell anything out, I think it is just a scam. We told him NO a million times and then he finally left. I had my hands on my things so I knew he didn't steal anything from me and now one around me did. I made sure to look around while we was talking to us to make sure no one would steal from us.

Once he left Sam and I were telling Annie all about the gypsy children who tried to steal Maddie's phone. Finally the rest of the girls met up with us and we decided to go on another Paris walk. When we were walking to the Metro Annie stopped. She was looking through her bag when she realized.... THAT STUPID GYPSY MAN STOLE HER IPHONE!! It was long, LONG gone! We were hanging out at McDonald's a good half hour after the whole thing happened. We were all freaking out, She was obviously freaking out! We hurried back to McDonald's for her to hurry and Skype her dad, and then we ran into some missionaries! The missionaries called someone they knew who they thought would be able to give her some advice. Then we went back to McDonald's. Luckily her dad was awake and on Skype. I felt so bad, she was crying and I could just tell she felt so sick because of it.

All the other girls were asking me what had happened and I tried to explain everything to them. I couldn't believe how tricky that guy was. He held the paper right in front of Annie, Right over her Iphone, so when he took the paper away... the phone went along with him. I cant believe we didn't notice. I felt so bad for her. i wanted to die, and it wasn't even mine. We went back to the institute to try and see if we could find daryl to ask him what to do, but he wasn't there. Annie talked to Mary after the writing class was finished. Everyone else found out and felt so bad.

To try to get her mind off of it Morning had her computer so everyone could watch Gossip Girl. I wanted to be with them all... so I got suckered into watching it. Lets just say, that will never happen again. ANYWAYS, after that we decided to go try this new gelato place that Ally, Morning and Kelly loved and said it was BETTER than Amorino's, which I could hardly believe.

Yeah... it was DEFINITELY NOT better than Amorinos! The coconut which I usually love was so gross I actually ended up scooping it out and throwing it away in the garbage. I ate the cone... which was also not the good waffle cone. It was only a look alike. LAME. Sorry girls, but I don't know if I can trust your taste in Ice Cream anymore!!

We were planning on going to the Ballet that night because my Birthday was coming up and I really wanted to go! So Morning had to buy a dress to wear because she wouldn't have time to go home and change. We went into H&M and had our fun. I bought a couple of things... Shopping might be an addiction.

I went home and changed into my black Leifsdottir dress with my black polka dot tights and my pink coat. I was SO ready!! We got there an hour early to stand in line to see if we could buy tickets. There was one guy who came up to Sam and said he had two tickets for sale! So Sam bought one and then went to us girls to ask who wanted to buy the 2nd one. I really, REALLY wanted to go for my birthday... But Annie had a horrible day and I figured she really did deserve to have a good night.

No one else got Tickets including myself, so as sad as I was, we went out for a nice dinner. Anna had heard of a nice Italian restaurant and so we had to try to find a McDonald's so we could get on the internet and find it. We couldn't find a McDonald's so we decided to go get on the metro, when we were walking down the stairs we saw a helpful sign:

Yep. Pretty sure that helped us out. Random huh?
-Once we got on the internet and figured it all out we went on our way! It was kinda far away and confusing, but we got there in one piece. Michelle and I got a big pot of Pasta. It was such a good price and they gave you SO much! We got Penne Pasta with tomatoes and basil. It was nothing too fancy, but it reminded us of home. The girls were all in love with the waiter,Claudio. So they were puttin on the flirt all night. We were all talking about boys all night and I was missing my Cassidy like crazy. I didn't mind too much that the girls were acting a bit immature to flirt with him because he gave us all free desert! That was worth it.

Sam and Annie were meeting us at the Metro stop so we left to go meet up with them. I knew exactly where we were and how to get back. UNLIKE the two girls who decided to lead. I was explaining to them, getting so frustrated with them, and promising them a million times that I knew where to go! But they insisted that they knew where to go. Of course we got way lost, and left Annie and Sam waiting in the cold. Finally we found our way to the Metro... and I just wanted to go home ASAP.

I was missing Cassidy, Frustrated that we got lost and that no one would listen to me, AND as much as a tried to be okay about the night... I was super upset about not getting to go to the ballet. I am glad that Sam and Annie had the opportunity, but I think I would have appreciated it more. Oh well.. it happened.

I went home and complained to Cassidy on Skype, and then went to bed. I had a good day! Don't worry, I don't want the end of this blog post to seem like I am having a horrible time. Just a stressful night that's all.











No comments:

Post a Comment