Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Saturday Sept 24



Thats right! Saturday we went to an antique market here in Paris! It was amazing. I decided that when Cassidy and I buy a 2nd home here in Paris (We're buying a 2nd home here, right Cassidy???) that I would buy all my furniture, plates, decorations... Everything, from antique markets! I wanted everything there. I ended up only buying one thing. I got a super cool old German photo album. I want to start collecting old french books. There were thousands, and they were all so cool! If anyone is looking for really old, 18th century down... come to Paris.

During our adventures at this antique market, we saw a good pizzeria to eat at for lunch! Sam and Michelle fell in love with our Italian waiter right away. His name is Ricardo. Sam was flirting with him the whole time at dinner, and at the end of our meal he offered us all free alcohol! YAY! We told him no thanks, but he just kept pushing for it! "Just a little?".. "No, Ricardo."

After dinner Sam and Michelle got a picture with him. Then he asked if we were all gonna go to a Discotheque tonight. Sam said, "With you?!" He said yeah, and told us exactly where to go! For more information he asked for Sam's number! Oh la la!

Sam and I were on an antique shopping high, so after the market we went and looked at even more old books along the seine. Sam gave the phone to Hailey while she went off and did her own thing. We were all so tired, so we went to a park and laid on the grass until we had to meet everyone at institute. It was really nice and relaxing, except for the cute couples everywhere! Geez, I miss Cassidy so much.

We walked back to the institute and met up with Hailey. Like I said before, Hailey had her and Sam's phone... and guess who called while she was gone! Ricardo! He sent Sam a text with the address of where the discotheque was, and then he called to ask if we were all there! We were definitely not going to meet him at a discotheque, so Sam let him down softly.

Institute was a lot of fun! We made a few new friends and we met up with the cute Asian twins again! They had a new Asian boy with them who we also became friends with. Institute was supposed to be a dance party, but no one was dancing... So of course us American girls had to start the party! We got our big group together + our three Chinese friends and we just started dancing like fools! Well... at least I was dancing like a fool. More and more people lingered in, and it ended up being a lot of fun! I wish I wasn't wearing a sweater or else I would have danced more! I know that sounds crazy for you all to hear, because I am not a dancer at all.

We left early to go to La Défense to see a firework show. It supposedly started at nine, we left at about that time, so we were hoping not to miss it! When we got off the metro, we were in a huge mall! We weren't expecting that at all! It was so funny to see us running around the mall trying to find the exit while we could hear the fireworks going off outside! We finally got outside right where the show was. We were in such a perfect spot. The show was so cool. They had dialogue going on throughout the show, and they had classical music playing that the fireworks were in sync with. It was much better than anything I have seen in the USA. They had fireworks, fire, and lazers. Every time the fireworks went off I would say to myself, "This has to be the finale." then "Ok, this one is the finale." and then "This one is definitely the finale!" But it just kept going!



Once it actually did end, Michelle and I knew the metro would be crazy packed so we booked it to the metro! We made it on a fairly crowded metro, but it could have been worse. We made it home in good time too. It was another amazing day in Paris. Our first weekend was a success! Hope things continue to go well! I also hope everything is well for everyone home in America. I miss you all so much. Send me an e-mail, make a comment or something. I'd love to hear from you!

Here is a video I took of the fireworks, this one wasn't even the finale either:

No comments:

Post a Comment