Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunday Sept 25

Church was at 9:30 at the institute where we go to school. Well that is where me and Michelle went because we didn't know any other wards where we could go! We walked into church about 5 minutes late. After about 15 minutes I was wondering when we were going to take the sacrament. I started to realize that this was different from the sacrament meetings I have at home. People were standing up making comments, and there was a chalk board up where the bishopbric usually sits. DUH TIFFANY! I realized that I was in Sunday school! I guess we don't have sacrament meeting until the end of the meetings.

I couldn't understand anything, so I took our my notebook and actually started to write my blog posts. There is a missionary here named Elder Dick from England who ALL the girls are in love with (except for the three of us to have boyfriends back home) but literally every other person in the group has a crush on him. I think it is because he is the only one who speaks English. At the end of the lesson he sang. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. He was an opera singer, which is amazing within itself. It literally gave me chills. The fact that he was singing in french made it so much better... even though I couldn't understand the words.

I noticed that the boy and girl sitting in front of me were speaking English, so I decided that I needed to talk to them after class. When class finally ended I was listening to their conversation and decided to jump in! I said, "Hi, I cant help but notice that you guys are speaking English... Mind if I join your convo?" The boy who I started talking to was actually from Salt Lake City! His name is Michael, and he is going to Fashion school in Paris focusing in Haute Couture. SO COOL. I am so glad I became friends with him! I sat with him during our next class, but we didn't chat because... well, it was class. Then he hurried and left to sacrament meeting with two other girls. Oh well... Hopefully we can become better friends.

There was a linger longer after church, Thankfully because we were all starving! Michelle and I were going to have lunch with our host family instead of dinner that day, but we still ate at the church. It was nice to see everyone in the group all together.. except for Sam and Hailey who were mysteriously missing. I guess Hailey talked Sam into going to some random ward. I don't think Sam was too happy about that.

Michelle and I decided to spend our Sunday's at home where we could actually relax. We caught up on some blogs, and talked with our families. We were going to do homework after we caught up on blogs... but as you can all see I am still 2 days behind, so we didn't get to any homework. Not to worry though! There was nothing due the next day. Michelle and I spent all day on our computer and we still didn't get everything we wanted to get done finished. I was so excited to talk to Cassidy, I was counting down the minutes from when he would get home from church. We only talked for about 15 minutes and I was way sad. I was so excited to talk to him, but we didn't have anytime to talk. He was really tired and had a lot to do that day, so it was understandable. It gave me an excuse to go to bed at around 10:30 which was really nice. I still woke up tired the next day though!

Anyways.. Sunday's if Michelle and I aren't at a museum or a organ concert, we'll be at home. So if anyone wants to Skype, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment